Tilde Grynnerup, 1973, based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Educated in textile design and specialized in embroidery. Tilde Grynnerup is an artist working across different medias such as textile, wood, installation, conceptual, and photography. She chooses whichever media expresses her vision the best, and work without limitations. She likes to explore and is often driven by social indignation and a general curiosity about people and life, her artwork usually aiming to communicate a thought or a feeling. Something true and profound.
Having spent a decade writing songs, and another decade working with fashion, she create works of art, combining words and textile. And having grown up with the inherited craftsmanship skills from her carpenter father, woodwork is like family. She works with him in their joint wood workshop by a small forest, where the father lives retired.
When working with wood, Tilde alternately work between her wood workshop in the countryside and her studio in the city of Copenhagen. The interaction between the countryside nature and the city, is the perfect balance. Just like the interaction between working with soft materials like textile and hard materials like brass and wood.
Humor and playfulness are important elements in Tildes artwork. Being a wonderer herself, she finds solace and relief in art, and hopes to provide that to others too, through her own work.
- 2003 Textile / Embroidery, UCC University College
- 2020 Rigshospitalet, Rigshospitalets Art Association MAPS Contemporary art gallery Christoffer Egelund 2017 Parts of me and parts of you. Kana Studio, London. Curated by Destina Curtis
- 2015 Sculpture. Atelier Sara Gade
- 2012 Black/white photographs. Enghave kirke
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2021 Blues. Curated Group exhibition. Four you Gallery, Dubai + Paris. Curated by Angeliki Kim Jonsson.Group Exhibition, The ode to, StockholmGroup Exhibition, Wilo& Grove, ParisGroup Exhibition, Trobat, Mallorca
- 2020 Cantum Combine, Online Show, ContemporaryIdentities International Online Art Magazine,UAE & Richard Koh Fine Art, Malaysia. Curated by Elham Shafaei The Summershow, Galleri Christoffer Egelund, Copenhagen Group Exhibition, Galleri Christoffer Egelund, Copenhagen Summer Group Exhibition, KBH Kunst galleri Group Exhibition, Frederiks Salonen/ Kunstsalonen Group Exhibition, KBH Kunst galleri
- 2019 Kraft,Straagaard artgallery, Århus Hellerup salonen Tactile, Væg Contemporary, Ålborg Group show, London. Curated by Despina Curtis Group Exhibition, Kunsthal Brantebjerg Group Exhibition, Fuglebakkesalonen, Kunstsalonen 2017 Exhibition with Christina Winsløv 2015 Groupshow. Galleri Artmarket / Kristina Stokkebro 2013 Groupshow. Atelier Sara Gade
- 2018 Nominated “Arts & Craft” of the year by Design Awards/ Benjamin Media
- 2015 RedesignKids. Turbine Broderi. Embroidery for kids. Klematis